Blackmagic Design is on a roll with their software updates. They have just released the v1.9.3 update, which includes much wished-for updates for the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera.
This new version will give BMPCC and BMCC users histogram, time remaining indicator and audio levels. A few thing we've wished for since day 1, and which were recently introduced to the 4K Production Camera.
Their official release information describes the update as follows:
- Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
- Add histogram, time remaining and audio level indicators. Use Up and Down to reveal and hide the meters while Left and Right will adjust the aperture of your active MFT lens.
- Fixed bug where in-camera playback may sometimes drop frames.
- Blackmagic Cinema Camera
- Add histogram, time remaining and audio level indicators.
- Blackmagic URSA
- No changes
- Blackmagic Production Camera 4K
- No changes
Head over to the Blackmagic Support page to fetch the update!
There are also a few other undocumented new features. There are now more shutter angles and more white balance options:
- White Balance Options
2500K, 2800K, 3000K, 3200K, 3400K, 3600K, 4000K, 4500K,
5000K, 5200K, 5400K, 5600K, 6000K, 6500K, 7000K, 7500K, 8000K
- Shutter Angle Options
11.25°, 15°, 22.5°, 30°, 37.5°, 45°, 60°, 72°, 75°, 90°, 108°,
120°, 144°, 150°, 172.8°, 180°, 216°, 270°, 324°, 360°
Adam Roberts has posted a neat little hint in his blog post on how to spend less time in the menu's - despite having more options now.