A new firmware upgrade for Convergent Design's Odyssey7Q+ has completely altered its storage requirements landscape. The SSD support has been opened up, and prices dropped.
Convergent Design's own SSDs have also been reduced in price.
- Convergent Design 256GB SSD - $395
- Convergent Design 512GB SSD - $795
- Convergent Design 1TB SSD - $1,216
New on the support list are the widely available Samsung 850 PRO SSD's, and one EVO.
- Samsung 850 PRO 128GB SSD - (US) $95 / (EU) €90
- Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD - (US) $141 / (EU) €140
- Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD - (US) $254 / (EU) €263
- Samsung 850 PRO 1TB SSD - (US) $487 / (EU) €493
- Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD - (US) $360 / (EU) €369
Combine these with one of the most powerful recorders on the market, which sells for $2,295: the Odyssey 7Q+ - and you have a mighty OLED monitor with UltraHD/4K recorder, capable of recording high frame rates (slow motion) in a raw format (at lower resolution, it'll go fast). Very useful when paired with a FS700 for example.
Please do note: you'll need two SSD's mounted at once if you want the ultimate performance from the recorder. For specific camera settings, that'll be required - please look these details up on Convergent Design's website if you're interested.
UPDATED - July 9th, 2015 - I've updated the prices a bit. The Convergent Design 1TB dropped a few hundred dollars! Minor fluctuations in the other SSDs, nothing special, mostly they got a tad cheaper.